With Office 365, all students, faculty, and staff are able download and install the latest Office suite on up to five computers and on up to five mobile devices like smartphones and tablets. Users also have access to the online versions of the Office applications along with 1TB of OneDrive for Business cloud storage space.
Your CMAT login will allow you to install the latest version of Office at home, which includes the following programs, on your computer: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Access, Publisher, Outlook, Lync/Skype for Business, InfoPath. You will also have the ability to install select Office apps on your phone or tablet. The following suites are available to you:
- Office 365 ProPlus for Windows
- Office 365 ProPlus for Mac
- Office Apps for iPad
Office On Demand
When you are signed into your Office 365 account, you will have the ability to create, share, and work collaboratively on Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and PDF documents directly in your web browser from anywhere you have an internet connection using Office On Demand. The Office On Demand suite includes:Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Publisher.
Download Office to run at home
All Stratton users are able download and install the latest Office suite on up to five computers and on up to five mobile devices like smartphones and tablets.
Follow the instructions below to do this.
Note: To complete the installation you will need to have full administrative permissions on your device – usually the case if you are the primary user.
1) Browse to http://office.com
Note: As a general rule you should only enter your School password on approved pages such as School Logon, your 365 login page. Never respond to an email requesting your password details as the School’s IT department will never do this (see our IT security advice) (opens new tab/window).
After login, which may take some time while your credentials are validated, you should see be taken to the welcome page (shown below).
Note: You can ignore the “You should be able to see the titles for each of your online apps” message, as our subscription does not include the online Office apps.
3) On the right side of the webpage you should see a button to Install Office 2016 or Office 365. If so, click it and this will download the Office installer to your computer. On slower connections this may take quite a while, so if possible do this on the high-speed campus network. Then skip to step 4.
If you do not see the Install Office 2016 button on the right of the screen, click on your name in the top right corner of the webpage and then click View account.
Click Manage installs within the “Install status” box.
Click Install desktop applications.
Click Install (at the bottom of the page) and this will download the Office installer to your computer.
4) After download is complete, locate and open/run the downloaded file. The local installation procedure will start, and you may be asked to make one or two choices. Some of these are trivial, such as the pattern you want in the background, but others are more important:
First things first: choosing recommended settings will send information about the performance of your copy of Office to Microsoft. Choosing No thanks will not affect your installation.
Default file types: Choose Office Open XML formats to provide best compatibility with other versions of Office, such as may be used by your tutors.
5) Once the installation is complete you can start using Office. The first time you open one of the applications you may be prompted to sign into Office. If so, sign in using your School email address and password.
You can also add Office 365 to other devices, including iPads, but excluding Android tablets.
If you have any issues, please contact the IT network team.