Design & Enterprise KS4 Courses
Design and Technology is an exciting and creative course that is established in the Stratton community with a history of excellent results. The course is suitable for students of all levels and abilities and is ideal for those who enjoy a practical approach to learning and who have a passion for creative design and are motivated to widen their skill set using a range of design media and manufacturing processes. The course aims to encourage independent and creative thinkers and communicators who can apply a more personal approach to problem solving through the use of their practical skills and creative know how.
The final GCSE grade is a combination of two elements: 50% of the overall grade comes from the final exam and the remaining 50% from one piece of coursework, consisting of a design folder and manufactured product.
- Our world is changing rapidly – your generation needs to prepare for the unknown, Students with transferable skills will be prepared for an unpredictable future and will have the ability to innovate and respond to new challenges in a creative way.
This GCSE offers: Transferable skills, Creative skills, Applied Maths and Science
- This GCSE will equip you with a range of transferable practical and theoretical skills
- Generate creative solutions to benefit people and the planet
- Communicate and develop ideas through sketches, models and computer aided design
- Learn how products are manufactured in industry
- Manipulate materials and use tools to create your ideas
D&T students will learn to communicate ideas, manage complex projects, generate creative resolutions to unexpected problems and address social/environmental issues. Over the two year course you will develop a wide range of creative designing and manufacturing skills; technical knowledge and understanding of various different materials as well as invaluable transferable skills such as problem solving and time management. In short, if you like and enjoy problem solving through design, making models and testing your ideas then our GCSE Graphic Products course is the ideal option for you.